Last night we were returning home from dinner and a local station played one of my all-time favorite songs…”Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman. It had just started as we pulled into our development so I literally sat in the driveway singing along until it was over. It was like listening to a baseball game and not wanting to miss the last out. At least that is what I am telling myself this morning.
According to Urban Dictionary.com, a Man Card Violation is defined as the following:
Any action that implies effeminate, unmanly behavior or characteristics as opposed to stereotypical masculine ones.
I’m not sure where the great Tracy Chapman, or the timeless song “Fast Car” falls into that, so here are a few reasons why I feel this was NOT a violation.
- Tracy Chapman has dreadlocks.
- Fast cars are manly so singing about them is too
- I have GREAT memories around that song and that entire CD from the late 80’s.
- Daughtry sang this song in a concert once with Kelly Clarkson
- Daughtry has sideburns, a shaved head and sings rock-n-roll too
I’ll leave it up to you. You can vote in the comments if I am in violation of my Man Card or not. If so, it won’t be the first or last time I am sure. Have a great weekend! (I should earn extra credit for wishing you a great weekend too)
YOUR TURN: Was this a Man Card Violation or not?